Terms and Conditions of Business
Updated: 1 July 2021
These terms of business ("Terms of Business") along with a Quote for Works shall constitute the entire agreement between Elevation Access Ltd (EAS) and the Client in respect of the services (“Agreement”).
In these Terms and Conditions: we, us and similar pronouns means Elevation Access Ltd (EAS); you means the Client to whom we supply scaffolding; Hire Period means the period from the date of installation of the scaffolding to the date you notify us that the scaffolding is ready for removal.
All Quotations and Work will be subject to the following:
- Quotes remain valid for 30 days and do not give rise to any contractual obligations unless formally agreed in writing.
- A 20% deposit payment is required at the commencement stage. Payment Terms are on receipt of Invoice, scaffold will be invoiced at the completion of each section of work as outlined in the Quote.
- Client to confirm if CIS to be deducted at invoicing stages.
- All Prices provided within the Quotes are exclusive of VAT, VAT will be added at the invoicing stage and will be shown as Reverse Charge, the obligation to pay the VAT will lie with the Client.
- All costs provided will include erection, dismantle and hire.
- Hire charges are inclusive of 8 weeks hire from the date of handover, any additional hire will be chargeable at 5% of total cost per week.
- Any extras or adaptations must be agreed in advance and must be done in writing.
- Any additional days will be charged at £750 per day including days lost where scheduled works cannot be completed due to site factors beyond EAS control.
- Parking and Site Access must be arranged and provided by the Client including Red Route Suspensions as applicable.
You must ensure that the Site is clear of obstructions and accessible to our vehicles and personnel and that you obtain any access passes and complete any paperwork required for our personnel to attend and work at the Site. We will charge you if we are delayed because of your failure to fulfil these responsibilities.
Scaffold will be erected in stages, each lift will be completed as a single phase.
- All hops ups will be completed during a single day.
- Loading Bays if required will be subject to an additional cost as agreed.
- EAS will do our best to meet any dates we advised to you but we may be delayed by circumstance we can't control (for example poor weather conditions that would make it unsafe for our personnel to carry out installation work, vehicle breakdowns or sickness). You should always allow a suitable amount of contingency in your project plans to account for the possibility of such delays and we are not liable to you for any losses you may incur arising from any delays.
- Where pavements permits and scaffold licences are required, EAS will obtain and apply for these via the authorising Council, any charges for permits shall be payable by the Client in full at the time of application. Any other consents, planning or applicable licences remain the responsibility of the Client.
- Scaffolding remains the property of EAS throughout the Hire Period. If you fail to make any payment when due then we (or our agents) may enter onto the site to remove the scaffold and you will not prevent our personnel or agents from entering onto the site in order to exercise this right.
- All materials and equipment held on site until dismantle and removal are the responsibility of the Client once the Handover is completed. EAS retain the right to charge for any damage, loss or theft at their discretion.
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements will be provided in advance of any work taking place, it is the responsibilty of the Client to ensure that all site specific inductions and safety requirements are communicated to EAS at the start of the project and relevant training provided prior to any work taking place.
- All scaffold is designed in accordance with TG20:13 regulations, or where these are not applicable a full design supported by engineers calculations and drawings is put in place. All works are carried on site under the SG4:10 guidelines without exception. Our method statements and risk assessments are specific to each individual site.
- All invoices are to be paid on receipt. The dismantle and clear stage of a project will only be programmed and actioned after the balance of the invoices of:
- the erection,
- hire/extra hire,
- additional work invoices
- other invoices [e.g. auxiliary trades, i.e. alarms, drawings and licences]
The remaining balance will be payable on completion of work including dismantle and removal of all materials from site.
- Neither party has any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the Installation Start Date (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and a party's only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions.
- No term of these Terms and Conditions shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions, but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from under that Act.
- These Terms and Conditions is subject to the law and jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.